Regency F3500 Free Standing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I am a little skeptical that this won't happen again after I replace the bypass shield/plate under warranty or not. It just doesn't seem logical to have bolts that hold together a functional piece of the stove inside and in direct contact with flames and heat. It seems like it would be an obvious point of failure, at some point, even with not overfiring, consistent high heat and direct flames over time will probably cause failure. It's probably safe to say the simplcity of the older stoves are a thing of the past.
I have scheduled a reputable Regency dealer and installer to come inspect this problem on Monday, and will keep my fingers crossed that it will be covered under warranty. I'm ready to turn our forced hot air off and get back to burning wood!!
Kind of hard for me to tell from the single pic, what the damage may be. I couldn't find any replaceable parts listed that sound like what we're looking at.
Where is the bypass door? Is it open, not visible in the pic? I don't see how the door can possibly seal that warped opening.
I think the Regency guy is gonna tell you that the stove is scrap metal at this point, but as I said, I just can't tell.
Bholler knows these stoves, I don't. But he's also said he can't tell, with just the one pic.

Attachments

• Regency F3500 Parts List.pdf
    206.8 KB · Views: 132
Kind of hard for me to tell from the single pic, what the damage may be. I couldn't find any replaceable parts listed that sound like what we're looking at.
Where is the bypass door? Is it open, not visible in the pic? I don't see how the door can possibly seal that warped opening.
I think the Regency guy is gonna tell you that the stove is scrap metal at this point, but as I said, I just can't tell.
Bholler knows these stoves, I don't. But he's also said he can't tell, with just the one pic.
I would likely need to see it in person but all of that red corrosion usually indicates overfireing.

Reactions: Woody Stover