Regency GCI60 #2 light error

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

goldja2003

Dec 28, 2018
CT
Hi All,

1st post here. So I have a Regency Hampton GCI60 pellet stove insert. About two weeks ago the #3 light was flashing and the stove wouldn't start. So I cleaned it all out, pulled the whole thing out of the fireplace and cleaned the exhaust with everything else. I put it back and now I'm getting an error with the #2 light flashing. The thing is as clean as can be. Checked the fuses and everything looked ok as far as I could see. All of the electrical looks well connected and there are plenty of pellets in the hopper. All of the fans and motors looked to be turning ok and wires looked in good shape.

I've tried to unplug it and restart. Same thing happens every time. I open the lid and hit start, the blower starts up and really blows a lot of air and the #2 light blinks immediately. I'm lost on what it could be.

Appreciate any help. Called a service person out, but the earliest appointment was Jan 11th and I have two tons of pellets taking up my garage!

Thanks,
Jason

Thanks. Yes, I have the manual and the tech manual. All of the doors and lid look closed. I've open and closed them all several times and close as tight as they can go. All of the connections look good.

Is there a red top on the overheat switch ?
If there is press it

Checking to see if anyone had any possible solutions. Have a tech scheduled to come out, but not for another week.

#2 should be a vacuum loss, so if your blower is running ok and you have all the doors sealed, you may want to investigate if there is a problem with the vacuum switch. There may be a way to jump it to test

are you shutting the hopper after starting?

How long have you had the stove and how many bags of pellets have you used ?

Just in case anyone runs into the same issue wanted to post that the issue was a drill bit that must have fallen into the hopper and jammed the auger. Having another issue now with heat levels not working but started a new thread. Just thought I’d post in case this helps anyone later.

So, as stated many times, airflow is the key and all the parts of the stove have to be working or it will throw a error code. If something can happen to a stove, it will happen to me. Here goes my story...

I turned on my stove for the first time this season. GCI60, Hampton(same as Enviro M55). I got a number 2 error so I started off with a deep clean. I mean I cleaned everything to a "T". Then I checked all my gaskets and the pressure sensor. All spotless. Everything seemed to be in order. After running out of options, I put in a call and an email to the guy that installed the unit...10 days no return call. He's a great guy, so I'm sure he's just super busy right now. Days go by so I start reading posts...again. So, I continue on with checks and extra cleaning...

I read here and in the manual that it could be the combustion fan. When I took it out the first time everything looked fine.

This time, I reached into the fan housing and tried to spin the wheel. I thought maybe the motor was bad. I felt something that felt like a very small twig. Strange, but I couldn't see it and the fan blade seemed to be moving freely. I spun the wheel a second time and a bird popped out. See attached pics. Yes, a bird had ended up in my combustion fan. My chimney pipe is about 40' to the roof.

The important thing here is that unless I reached into the fan housing, I would have never found the bird. I had my stove out at least four times and never reached into the fan housing.

I cleared the bird out, vacuumed the fan housing out and bam, unit runs perfect.

Murphy's Law. Never underestimate just how nutty things can go.

I hope my saga helps someone out and saves a service call.

Attachments

• IMG_2046.JPG
    IMG_2046.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_2047.JPG
    IMG_2047.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_2048.JPG
    IMG_2048.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 206
Reactions: Connecticut Yankee
Yep been there this year too. My last emergancy call