Regency GCi60 help?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to take the right panel off to get to the board,but I think you need to remove the surround to do this.The installer should have had wires running out under the surround(thermostat wires) for future install.

I'm a little confused. The GCI60 is the same unit as the M55 insert. On the daughter board up top, there is a selector switch for auto/hi-low/man control of the unit. If you are not using a thermostat, and you are in man position on the daughter board, I don't think it matters if there is a jumper on the control board. Normally the insert will have two wires coming off the control board with female connectors open ended. They only come into play if a tstat mode is selected. In the past, I've seen the magnet on the top plate switch the selector on the daughter board to a tstat mode by mistake. Check that you are in manual. If this is ok, I'd check the ribbon connection mentioned prior as well. If still no-go, it might be a bad control board. Does the daughter board let you make other selections??

I'm a little confused. The GCI60 is the same unit as the M55 insert. On the daughter board up top, there is a selector switch for auto/hi-low/man control of the unit. If you are not using a thermostat, and you are in man position on the daughter board, I don't think it matters if there is a jumper on the control board. Normally the insert will have two wires coming off the control board with female connectors open ended. They only come into play if a tstat mode is selected. In the past, I've seen the magnet on the top plate switch the selector on the daughter board to a tstat mode by mistake. Check that you are in manual. If this is ok, I'd check the ribbon connection mentioned prior as well. If still no-go, it might be a bad control board. Does the daughter board let you make other selections??
Yes it is in manual. Tech is coming out today. So frustrating.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Yes it can be frustrating. Does the feed rate change when you select the different heat level settings?? Does the convection blower change speeds as well?? This will only happen after the stove goes through startup. Before that the feed is pre-determined. Are you able to make selections on the daughter board?? If not, it could be the ribbon cable has come loose. Please let us know what you find out- this one is not making a lot of sense. Hope it is not the control board. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.