Regency GCI60 what do you think?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again newf and J. I think I'm satisfied with the size and t-stat now I've heard about them and read the owners manual. I will probably use both modes depending on outside air temps. I insulated the house just before I installed the stove, and windows were installed a few years before that. Still a old inexpensive house that leaks a little and has a small doggy door. One of my projects is an addition which will add another 275 sq.ft. to be heated, and its the furthest area from the stove. The 6039 has a little problem keeping up when its 0 or below ( I rarely run it on more than 5 or 6 though)

Doggy
I doubt the M55 or clone will ever see the max setting. Its not just the amount of fuel or BTU's. Its also how much the heat exchanges extract from the fuel. M55 is should impress you at how much more you'll get out of the unit. I bet you use a little less fuel too!

Fired up the stove today after a good cleaning and new combustion fan gasket and a stirrer. Ran like she was new.

Doggy

Status
Not open for further replies.