What do you think of Regency F2400 Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joegreen

Aug 21, 2016
Canada
Hello there,

I'm thinking about replacing out 24 year old Drolet wood stove that came with the house. The damper doesn't work well and it doesn't heat well. I was thinking about installing electric blower but then not sure if I should invest in old stove or just buy a new one.

I was looking at Regency F2400 https://www.regency-fire.com/Products/Wood/Wood-Stoves/F2400

Does anyone have any experience with this wood stove.

Thanks in advance!

Joe

My brother has run the f2400 for many years in WI, and it does well for him. His house is not huge, maybe 1300 sq.ft. I've seen the stove and it looks like it is well-built. The box is big enough to get an overnight burn for him, but you may be running it a bit higher than he does depending where in Canada you are, and how much area you are trying to heat, insulation and air-sealing levels etc. so your burn times may be shorter.
Have you got dry wood? IOW, split and stacked for at least a year, more for Oak?

My brother has run the f2400 for many years in WI, and it does well for him. His house is not huge, maybe 1300 sq.ft. I've seen the stove and it looks like it is well-built. The box is big enough to get an overnight burn for him, but you may be running it a bit higher than he does depending where in Canada you are, and how much area you are trying to heat, insulation and air-sealing levels etc. so your burn times may be shorter.
Have you got dry wood? IOW, split and stacked for at least a year, more for Oak?

The stove will go in the finished basement that is about 1000 sq ft. Yes we got the dry wood. I have seen mixed reviews of this stove on the web right from worst (steel cracked) to very happy so thought I will check with folks who have used it. I don't trust sales people.

It is suppose to be big enough to take 18" stick in both the directions as the box is almost square.

Sounds like it will do the job there. And with the blower, and a decent-sized opening to the upstairs, may help up there as well. To save money, my brother got an aftermarket blower and rigged that up. I don't know the particulars but knowing him, it was well-thought-out, researched and executed. ==c

Almost any stove on the market has a few that get shipped out with a defect. It happens to the best of them, but isn't all that common. Unfortunately on the internet one is more likely to hear about problems with a product than praises. How the mfg. deals with problems is more important.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Almost any stove on the market has a few that get shipped out with a defect. It happens to the best of them, but isn't all that common. Unfortunately on the internet one is more likely to hear about problems with a product than praises. How the mfg. deals with problems is more important.
The reviews said that it is not pleasant to deal with Regency Customer Service. There is no way to experience or judge how good or bad they are until the times comes. Thank you all for very good advice.

The reviews said that it is not pleasant to deal with Regency Customer Service.
If you have a good dealer to act as a go-between, that will go a long way.

I've had my Regency since 1999. It heats about 1100 sq feet. I love it. The flat top has plenty of room to cook off. I did have my glass crack after ten years but it was under warranty, then it cracked again (my fault, for not changing the gasket). And the glass was around $100 to replace. Overall I recommend the stove. The airwash system is flawless, glass stays clean. The newer model has all even size brick so it's easy to replace. I ordered extra brick for the 2" pieces that complete the inside, that is my only complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.