Regency H2100 Hearth Heater - Warped Baffle - Buying Used

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ColdNorCal

Feeling the Heat
Mar 6, 2018
Newcastle, Ca.
Im considering buying a used H2100. The seller bought a house and does not want the stove. He does not know any history of the stove but has taken lots of pictured for me. The stove is located over an hour away so I have not seen it yet.

My concerns about this stove are :

1 - The seller could not find a label/tag on the stove

2 - The Steel baffle is warped. It looks like some one cleaned the stove and "may" have put the steel plate baffle in upside down because it is warped up. Is this a concern? Could it restrict airflow into the flu exhaust?

I dont know if the steel baffle would rest on the front air tube if installed with the warp/belly facing down. The baffle is reinforced with welded tubes and seems like it should take a lot of heat before warping.

The stove is also missing the baffle blanket that can easily be replaced and a few cracked bricks.

http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/939/736625/Unassigned/Regency-Stove-Steel-Baffle.html

Attachments

• IMG_2275.jpg
    IMG_2275.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 559
  • IMG_2274.jpg
    IMG_2274.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_2276.jpg
    IMG_2276.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 452
  • h2100a.jpg
    h2100a.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 688
  • Cleanout Out T.jpg
    Cleanout Out T.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 373
  • Baffle.jpg
    Baffle.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 420
You will need a new baffle and new bricks. I would buy the baffle from regency. The one you linked to looks nothing like the one in those stoves. Also look for a ny cracking of the internal air manifolds. There is also clealy something very wrong with that install but that doesnt matter to you

You will need a new baffle and new bricks. I would buy the baffle from regency. The one you linked to looks nothing like the one in those stoves. Also look for a ny cracking of the internal air manifolds. There is also clealy something very wrong with that install but that doesnt matter to you

The parts manual also shows the steel baffle plate with two tubes on the bottom. Part #39

Attachments

• H2100 Parts.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 336
The parts manual also shows the steel baffle plate with two tubes on the bottom. Part #39
No they have 2 peices of steel with a slight bend in them welded to the bottom not tubes. I would try to get the steel and blanket replaced with a new refractory or vermiculite board baffle. They are much nicer.

Yes but get the right one from regency. They have replacements for most of the steel baffles available. I am not sure about the h2100

Are you sure we are talking about the same stove? The 3100 has a two piece baffle set, no top insulation piece.

Could not find a replacement for the steel baffle in the h2100. Whats wrong using vermiculite from another stove if it fits and is the same height/dimensions as the original steel plate and insulation combined?

I appreciate your help. Good used stoves sell fast here and this one was listed just two days ago.

H2100zoom.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure we are talking about the same stove? The 3100 has a two piece baffle set, no top insulation piece.

Could not find a replacement for the steel baffle in the h2100. Whats wrong using vermiculite from another stove if it fits and is the same height/dimensions as the original steel plate and insulation combined?

I appreciate your help. Good used stoves sell fast here and this one was listed just two days ago.

View attachment 225470
Yes we are talking about the same stove. I work on plenty of them.

And yes the other board probably would work fine but does it allow for the same flow out of the stove? I dont know.

Yes we are talking about the same stove. I work on plenty of them.

And yes the other board probably would work fine but does it allow for the same flow out of the stove? I dont know.

I see. Seems like if the dimensions are the same, all is good.

For the price of this used Regeny and adding another ~$120 for bricks and vermiculite baffle, puts the cost within $150 of a new SBI Century FW3000. I would prefer the larger fire box but the h2100 does not require a hearth change or teardown for the flu to clear the lintel.

Are these Regency stoves that much better, even used ones? Or, go with hearth change and new stove. I built the hearth and can change it myself. Prefer not to though.

I see. Seems like if the dimensions are the same, all is good.

For the price of this used Regeny and adding another ~$120 for bricks and vermiculite baffle, puts the cost within $150 of a new SBI Century FW3000. I would prefer the larger fire box but the h2100 does not require a hearth change or teardown for the flu to clear the lintel.

Are these Regency stoves that much better, even used ones? Or, go with hearth change and new stove. I built the hearth and can change it myself. Prefer not to though.
I wouldnt say they are much better than an sbi no. The warranty is much better but buying used that doesnt apply to you.