Regency i2400 tubes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ultrarunner

Jun 5, 2022
Ct
So, the stove has been up and running for a few weeks now. Plenty happy and plenty warm in the house. With that said, the piccolo tubes at the top of the stove keep coming out of their mounting holes, if you're not extremely careful not to bump them by a log when packing the stove. It's a pain to get them back in place with a hot stove, to say the least. At this price point, I'd not have expected something like this. The issue appears to be the notched side of the tube isn't notched enough, so it only sits with a quarter inch or so of notch. Is there a fix other than not to bump them.

My friend had the exact same problem with his 3100 regency,he was pissed and regency wasn't much help,if I remember he drilled the tubes and put pins to hold them in Place.

My friend had the exact same problem with his 3100 regency,he was pissed and regency wasn't much help,if I remember he drilled the tubes and put pins to hold them in Place.
That’s a good solution or maybe use some flat stove gasket or strands of it to provide a tighter fit somehow. I like the pins.

This is what he did.he said it was a design flaw.also said those tubes are a b to drill

IMG_1771.jpg

Are you driving the tubes all the way in by putting vice grips on them and smacking them over into place? If yes and they are still coming out just squeeze the notch closed a little bit so they latch in tighter.

Reactions: DAKSY
Are you driving the tubes all the way in by putting vice grips on them and smacking them over into place? If yes and they are still coming out just squeeze the notch closed a little bit so they latch in tighter.
In as much as I did not do the stove installation, no, I have not clamped on the tubes and attempted to bang them in place. Since we're warm the next couple of days, I'll let it burn out and cool down and take a look. Thanks.

In as much as I did not do the stove installation, no, I have not clamped on the tubes and attempted to bang them in place. Since we're warm the next couple of days, I'll let it burn out and cool down and take a look. Thanks.
That's probably the issue. They take a fair amount of force to drive into place. I believe the procedure is in your manual

glad I saw this thread. I was just going to post the same question about an hi2450. The tube has fallen out every single time we have ran the stove, whether the tube was bumped by a log being inserted or not. Finally called the company we purchased from and they came out and put the tube back in...and said "it'll probably fall out again, and if it does we will order a new tube".

What's weird is that I know 100% that I've hit the back tubes numerous times. They have not fallen out. So something is definitely different about the front tube or hole it goes in.

How hard can I slam it in the hole without fearing any damage?

Hi Pedro, you can hit them pretty hard. After a few hits, check the tube by hand by attempting to remove it. If it doesn’t move, you should be set good. If not, see the post above on slightly compressing the end of the tube, so the notch catches as you tap it in place.

glad I saw this thread. I was just going to post the same question about an hi2450. The tube has fallen out every single time we have ran the stove, whether the tube was bumped by a log being inserted or not. Finally called the company we purchased from and they came out and put the tube back in...and said "it'll probably fall out again, and if it does we will order a new tube".

What's weird is that I know 100% that I've hit the back tubes numerous times. They have not fallen out. So something is definitely different about the front tube or hole it goes in.

How hard can I slam it in the hole without fearing any damage?
It takes quite a bit of force. It should slide in a little bit then pop into place going over about another 1/4". The notch should be bottomed out.

If the notch is bottomed out but the tube is still loose squeeze it closed slightly no need for a new tube at all

Just wanted to report back in - followed advice given, and had same results as OP.

Slightly crimped the end of the tube (end that has notch cut out), clamped on the vice grips and drove it home. I put some hash marks on the tube with a sharpie, just so I could see how far it did (or didn't) go in. Looks like it went in at least 1/2". The tube would literally fall out every day, between 1 and 12 hours into a burn. Has been in now for over 48 hours. Wonder why the fieplace company I purchased this from and subsequently had it serviced by didn't know about this fix....

Thank you for your assistance @Ultrarunner and @bholler !

Reactions: bholler
Thank you for this post! Having the same problem with my i2450. My first tube falls out about every third fire. I'll try out the steps outlined in this thread! Appreciate the info.