Regency R-6 draft control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim and Sue

Feb 19, 2015
Northern Mi
Can anyone explain to me how the draft control works or should work on my Regency R-6. My thoughts are that I'm not getting enough air. I can't see anything happening mechanically in the firebox when I move the draft control. I see a difference in the flame but not as much as I think I should. Thank you

Moved to main forum. This is a tube, secondary combustion stove. Reducing the draft control will reduce the amount of primary air entering the firebox. Draft will then pull more air through the secondary tubes under the baffle. This helps the fire burn hotter and cleaner.

OK. I think I understand. Should I see something moving where the air enters the firebox (primary) when I operate the draft lever. My stove has a blower. My wood is well seasoned dry split maple. I just wonder if my stove is getting hit enough. My stove experience until now was long ago. Even though my stove is old the technology is very new to me. Thank you

No, the actual valve that the draft control lever actuates is hidden, usually underneath the stove. A good thermometer on the stove top will help determine how hot it's getting. Your stove is an earlier version, but still a modern secondary burner.

With the blower off, at peak, 650F-700F. Cruising about 500-650F then going down to 300-500F at the coaling stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.