Regency u41 How to access thermopile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rocknroj

Dec 14, 2022
Seattle WA
I have an old regency u41-lp.

I suspect my thermopile could need replacing since I cannot get the pilot to stay lit. Its a cheap part so why not.. Not sure how to gain access. There is a top baffle of some sort. I am real good at breaking things or taking things apart and not being able to put them back together. Not able to find any parts explosion or such. Really never messed with this thing,

I also noted the flame color was not as blue as I saw suggested it should be on the pilot when I hold the knob in. Not sure what this is a sign of.

Thanks in advance.

If the pilot won’t hold, it’s the thermocouple, not the thermopile…Please post some pics of your stove’s firebox with the logs out of it so we can see what ya have.

Check the voltage on your thermopile before just throwing parts at it. The u41, I'm pretty sure only has a thermopile to handle both the pilot and the burner functions. It should have a black wire going from the screws on the valve over to the thermocouple port. If that wire is off the pilot won't stay on either.