Regency Wood Burning Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WellScituated

Jan 27, 2021
Scituate, Massachusetts
Installed today! Photo attached. I posted back in February that I was looking for a wood burning stove to go into my fireplace. My heart was set on one, but I just couldn’t get the clearances to work with my current set up. So, I went the insert route, and I’m pretty happy with how it looks! We’ll see how it does in the fall. Does anyone have experience with Regency inserts? I welcome any and all tips!

7A40B055-DBF6-46D1-8CD6-99863A5DA4D2.jpeg

Congratulations. That looks like a very clean installation. What model Regency is this?
The best tip right now is to have the firewood already stacked and covered and drying. Modern stoves need dry wood to work well.

Congratulations. That looks like a very clean installation. What model Regency is this?
The best tip right now is to have the firewood already stacked and covered and drying. Modern stoves need dry wood to work well.

Thank you! This is the Regency ci1150. It’s small, but my house is only 900 SF with lower ceilings. Thanks for the tip! I’ll definitely get a move on the firewood!

I have a Regency insert i2400. Couldn’t be happier. Does everything I need it to do. Sometimes more than I need. Two seasons on it so far and it seems to be holding up well (knock on wood).

Reactions: begreen
Hi, I just had the same model installed and I'm wondering about the smoke deflector shield. Not sure if they installed mine correctly. Could you take a picture of the interior top of the unit? It's impossible to find pictures of this insert! Thanks!