remind me how to tune a husky 142E

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It's been a while, and i do not do this enough to remember by heart how tune it by sound
Any help would be great !

It's been a while, and i do not do this enough to remember by heart how tune it by sound
Any help would be great !

If it has a rev limiter the high has to be tuned while cutting wood, 2nd vid.

Reactions: Sean McGillicuddy
Pick up a cheap tachometer and it'll be a lot easier.

upload_2019-7-17_15-32-47.png

Reactions: lsucet
Tuning by ear is the way to go.
Then you know immediately when the saw isn't running right,plus then all you need is a little screwdriver and you can re-tune anywhere anytime.
K.I.S.

Reactions: JimBear
Tuning by ear is the way to go.
Then you know immediately when the saw isn't running right,plus then all you need is a little screwdriver and you can re-tune anywhere anytime.
K.I.S.

Many on the forestry website say the same thing. Also, then no concern if the saw has a rev limiter or not. Its not that difficult either. Just have a nice size round and take your time.

Were should the T be 1 1/2 turns?
To start ?

Tach is good to not over the rpms recommended but I feel like it bog down too much on big round to my like. By ear under load is the best way to go but let throttle go on your way out to not over rpm the saw. With little cutting practice is no problem at all.;)
Getting so used to the autotune, I am getting lazy to tune my other saw.::-)