remington electric chainsaw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

big_fish

Oct 15, 2008
eastern ohio
my parents bought me on for christmas early i do chainsaw carving and stump carving and was talking about getting one so I can carve in the garage in the winter never really used one before so I rought it home and assembled it pluged it in and am very impressed at the cutting power anyways anyone else have one? it seems it would be the perfect yard saw for a home owner not wanting to mess with the fuel part of life whats your thoughts

I have a Makita UC4000 with a 16" bar on it based on recommendations here. I've actually bucked a 24" maple into rounds with it. It took awhile but it got the job done!!!! Went through a lot of bar oil but I was impressed for an electric. Of course, eventually I did buy a gas Husqvarna but for quick jobs, limbing, tree trimming around the yard, I've used it and like it alot. It even has a chain brake....

Jay

My father in law has one he picked up at a yard sale for $10. Works great. It's a nice thing to keep handy in the basement in case you need to cut off a stick that was left too long that won't fit in the stove.

A few years ago Home Power magazine had an article about a person who had an electric bandsaw mill and two electric chainsaws and ran it all off grid on solar panels . They were doing salvage logging with a draft horse in an area that was closed to conventional logging due to high fire hazard. They were in mostly softwood but it was still quite interesting on how they pulled it off.

Electric chainsaws are more dangerous than Gasoline powered.. Believe that or not.. But chaps will not stop em.. If you will notice after you let off of the trigger they coast to a stop as the motor winds down. There is no clutch.

I thought it stopped faster than my gas saws the one thing I wasnt real crazy about with it is that there is only one speed and that when you pull the trigger it is at top speed I still feel safer using my chaps than not. Being a chainsaw artist and heating my home with firewood I use my saws almost every other day if not every day some weeks so my percentage of a chance of getting hurt is much higher than most I have been cut across the top of my leg just above my knee and it was no fun

Status
Not open for further replies.