Removing blower from Jotul C450 Kennebec wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rperk

Feb 4, 2022
Lexington, Virginia
The manual says “remove the ash lip.” Done
Next direction is “ remove the Ashlip extension From the firebox.” Though not shown in any diagram, I assume that this is the base plate that the blower is mounted on. No mention of screw or bolts to remove so I assume that you just pull straight out. No matter how hard I pull, the “extension” with the mounted blower on it will not budge.
What am I doing wrong?

It's been a while, but I seem to recall some 10mm bolts in there that hold the sheet metal enclosure which contains the blower. Not much room to swing a wrench, but once you remove these it slides out. From the manual:

1. Remove the Ash Lip if it has been installed.
2. Remove the Base Grill. Use a 10 mm wrench to loosen the upper two M6 flange nuts at the back of the grill. The two lower nuts should already be loose. Lift the grill up to disengage it from the side ash lip supports.
3. Remove the Ash Lip Support from the side where the power receptacle and switch will be installed. Use the 10mm socket with 6” extension to loosen the two nuts (A, Fig. 14) that secure the panel to the Base Plate.
4. Loosen the two hex nuts (B, Fig. 14) and pull the blower out of the firebox.
5. Remove the Blower Shroud with removal of two hex nuts (C, Fig.14) from the shroud legs.

It's been a while, but I seem to recall some 10mm bolts in there that hold the sheet metal enclosure which contains the blower. Not much room to swing a wrench, but once you remove these it slides out. From the manual:

1. Remove the Ash Lip if it has been installed.
2. Remove the Base Grill. Use a 10 mm wrench to loosen the upper two M6 flange nuts at the back of the grill. The two lower nuts should already be loose. Lift the grill up to disengage it from the side ash lip supports.
3. Remove the Ash Lip Support from the side where the power receptacle and switch will be installed. Use the 10mm socket with 6” extension to loosen the two nuts (A, Fig. 14) that secure the panel to the Base Plate.
4. Loosen the two hex nuts (B, Fig. 14) and pull the blower out of the firebox.
5. Remove the Blower Shroud with removal of two hex nuts (C, Fig.14) from the shroud legs.
Danham
Thanks
I will give that a try!
Rperk