Repair options with older Vermont Castings NG Vent Free Radiance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Paullen

Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
I have an approximately 10 year old VC vent free NG Radiance stove. Currently, the pilot light is working, but the main valve will not open. Over the years I have had to replace the thermocouple multiple times and have done so myself... so I don't believe that is the problem. I think I might need a new gas valve. Apparently the appropriate Honeywell valve is no longer available. I love the stove. Is there a way to replace the old Honeywell valve with a different brand? Or, perhaps, could I remove the old valve, burner, etc. and replace it with a vent-free insert of some kind. Thanks for any input for options would be greatly appreciated!