Replace Country Comfort CC350 Vent Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MDKelly70

Nov 24, 2015
Fallston, MD
I'm trying to help my Dad replace the vent pipe from his Country Comfort CC350 Insert to his flue which looks to be about 7". It's hard to measure the flue exactly because it's a flue that was made from a mold. I think that the installer put a tube down the chimney, sprayed around it, and then removed the tube. At any rate, the outlet from the insert is an oval that is about 10 1/4" long and 4 1/2" wide. Could you recommend what type of vent pipe I should use for this? Do you have any tips for doing the installation? My guess is that I can just connect it at the bottom with sheet metal screws and run the pipe about 6" or so up the flue. Thanks.

Attachments

• FlueWithRuler.jpg
    FlueWithRuler.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 149
  • InsertOutletLengthWithRuler.jpg
    InsertOutletLengthWithRuler.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 171
  • InsertOutletWidthWithRuler.jpg
    InsertOutletWidthWithRuler.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 141
I'm trying to help my Dad replace the vent pipe from his Country Comfort CC350 Insert to his flue which looks to be about 7". It's hard to measure the flue exactly because it's a flue that was made from a mold. I think that the installer put a tube down the chimney, sprayed around it, and then removed the tube. At any rate, the outlet from the insert is an oval that is about 10 1/4" long and 4 1/2" wide. Could you recommend what type of vent pipe I should use for this? Do you have any tips for doing the installation? My guess is that I can just connect it at the bottom with sheet metal screws and run the pipe about 6" or so up the flue. Thanks.

Well first off you need a boot for on top of the stove to convert to round then you need to seal that round pipe into that pour in place liner somehow. I would recommend refractory cement but it is going to be a pita. Normally if you are doing this type of liner for an insert you put a stub of pipe in the bottom of the chimney and pout the liner around that. The liner is also a little small for that stove it should be 8" but it will probably work ok on 7"

Status
Not open for further replies.