Replacement Baffle for my Woodstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post to this forum. I have a wood-stove that my sweep says is likely a "Haughs" from Canadian Tire. I have lived in the house for 13 years and the wood-stove was here when I took possession. The "baffle" basically a large flat piece of cast iron has completely rotted out and fell down into the firebox. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement or have someone make one for me? I have done a ton of research on the net and asked a few local people but have not had any success. I know I should purchase a new stove but it's just not in the budget this year. I do use the stove as the main source of heat as our forced air electric furnace will break you if you use it full time. Enclosed is a picture of the stove, thanks Laura

Attachments

• Woodstove.jpg
    Woodstove.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 609
The local iron works used to make me a new baffle for my old stove every few years. They made them out of 3/8" plate steel. Used to cost me fifty bucks USD when they made them.

Status
Not open for further replies.