Replacement gasket recommendations for Jotul F500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

vatmark

Burning Hunk
Jan 5, 2017
Nebo NC
I need to replace the gasket on the oval plate on my Jotul F500. I believe it is 3/8 inch. Do I need to buy Jotul brand gasket or are there other brands that will work. Any recommendations?

When I needed some gaskets I went to the local Jotul dealer . . . they were actually very reasonable in price. I also bought a new baffle blanket at the time which they cut off a long roll of the stuff.

Since the oval plate gasket doesn't get cemented in and is not subject to compression by the knife edge of the stove (like the door gaskets are - over and over) - if ever there was a time to experiment with a piece of bulk gasket, I think that this is it! ;-)