Replacement Glass clips and screws

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TudorBlue

Weve had a multifuel burning stove for a couple of years and its been brilliant. However, even though we have cleaned the glass every day it has become discoloured and needs replacing. I have already acquired the glass/ However I had trouble loosening the screws that hold the glass clips in place. in the end I used my mole grips to loosen the screws, one or two of them, the heads have become scuffed by my mole grips. What kind of screws do i need? Are they just steel screws or do I need a specific type? Thanks in advance guys, any he,lp with this will be very much appreciated :)

You can use standard Grade 5 hardware, but if you put an anti-seize compound
on the threads BEFORE you install them, you will be more successful with removal,
if & when you need to remove them.

Using a screwdriver was pointless as I'd have ruined the screws so I used mole grips which did the trick first time. Never heard of anti seizing compound before. I'm not going to put the original screws back in but rather source new ones. As for anti seizing compound, never heard of it, where would one purchase such a trinket?

Check your local auto parts store, if you have them over there. I've never been to the British Isles,
so I don't know what's available. Never Seez is a brand name that's available here...

Status
Not open for further replies.