Replacement Glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ststsales

Feb 18, 2023
Pocono Mountains
This looks like a great site but I wish I had found this forum 6 years ago and I'm hoping that there are still enough active members to answer my question.

I bought a house with an existing Consolidated Dutchwest Sequoia FA455 woodstove. I received no directions or manual so I have been burning wood like it was a fireplace with the "flue" wide open. I just found out that is a catalyst and I am going to try and check out the catalyst tomorrow when the stove is cool. I briefly switched to using the catalyst and it seemed to work okay but I want to inspect it first for any obstruction. The first time I tried to use the stove I found a dead squirrel in the flue pipe. !!!

Once the catalyst is addressed I need to replace the fire rope and I would like to replace the glass. The frame around the glass is bent at the bottom (looks like a piece of wood fell against the glass and melted the frame. The glass had a pretty good coating of soot on it and after I cleaned the inside it became apparent that there is soot between the panes as well.

Thanks to this forum I was able to find the operating instructions but have not found a detailed parts list. Does anyone have access to the list and/or can recommend a reliable site for replacement glass and frame?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone still knows about this model and can help;

Thanks in advance. Steve

Reactions: woodstoveglassdoor