Replacing a heatilator 42c ideas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SPD7171

Feb 16, 2015
Ohio
I currently have a Heatilator 42c that is 9 years old and want to replace it with something more efficient. From my research, I think the easiest (cheapest) would be a zero clearance insert. My problem is locating exactly which would work best. I've called a few local fireplace stores and they don't seem interested in this project or don't understand what I want. Can you guys give me some suggestions. I know this wont be cheap but don't have an unlimited budget.

The first thing to do is pull out the manual and find out if an insert is permitted to be installed in this ZC fireplace.

Just for further info. This is a 2500 sq ft house and the fireplace is in a great room that is open to the kitchen/dining room and a loft.

Attachments

• IMG_20180211_122544557.jpg
    IMG_20180211_122544557.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 106