replacing auger motor on enviro empress

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mnoack

Jan 27, 2008
maine
I've seen a few threads here from folks who've replaced the auger motor on the enviro empress. Could someone walk me through it. It looks as though there is simply a collar with a locking screw on the shaft, but loosening the screw has little effect. There is also a framework with some padding to keep the motor from making too much noise. This is attached through the hopper with 4 screws. The motor is not visibly attached to this, but I am thinking that there may be a second collar & that I need to remove this entire assembly? On the other hand, I don't want to accidentally pull out the auger so I'd like to know what I'm doing before I begin!

All you would need to do is loosen the set screw or bolt that holds the auger motor shaft into the auger
You will need to be forceful to pull it out of the hole.

Is this a free stand or insert?

mnoack said:
... It looks as though there is simply a collar with a locking screw on the shaft, but loosening the screw has little effect.

Most of the augers on pellet stoves are attached the same way...with the collar and set screw. The shaft on the auger has a hole drilled part way through, and the set screw is tightened into this hole, so you may have to take the set screw farther out to get the auger off.

hearthtools said:
All you would need to do is loosen the set screw or bolt that holds the auger motor shaft into the auger
You will need to be forceful to pull it out of the hole.

Is this a free stand or insert?

It's a free stand. So basically, I just need to pull harder?

I have the set screw all the way off, the collar spins freely & the auger motor won't budge. Any idea on how to best coax it out?

flat bar pry bar
work it out on both sides

Thenk you, Rod for your help on this. It's great to know what to expect when one approaches a new project of this kind. The new auger motor is in & the stove is back to normal!

I have a corner install & I had to pull the stove out, which I was hoping to avoid, in order to get enough force on the motor to remove it, but once it was out, the pry bar worked in no time. This turned out to be a good thing & quite instructive, as I discovered I could easily remove the auger for inspection from there (it looks great & was not jammed), & in removing the stove I was able to satisfy myself with the knowledge that the pipe was clean & the auger motor was clean where the stove joins to the pipe. I was able to find a new fiber gasket at a local store here, before I put it all back together, but it occurs to me that it would be handy to have a couple spares on hand for the times when a major cleaning is in order. Is this gasket something I can buy from Heathtools.com, & if so, would you happen to have a part #.

Status
Not open for further replies.