Replacing Auger Motor on Magnum Baby Countryside

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

brown352

Jan 18, 2014
Cincinnati
Hi all, we bought a new auger motor for the Magnum Baby Countryside, we can't get the old auger motor off of the auger.

Suggestions welcome!!

Thank you!

AugerMtgBracket3.JPG

Reactions: brown352
20171204_162059.jpg

Probably seized on the shaft, try some penetrating oil and tap the shaft with a wooden hammer handle to see if it free’s up. wiggle the motor around too.

Hi all, we bought a new auger motor for the Magnum Baby Countryside, we can't get the old auger motor off of the auger.

Suggestions welcome!!

Thank you!
Hope you got that off. while you are in there I would suggest you replace the bushing on the auger also. This helps keep the pellet fine dust from falling down and getting sucked into the room air fan and turned into burned black crap covering your house inside. JMO.

Thank you all so much. Finally got the motor off. Now, can someone tell me what wires go to what? I forgot to take a picture. :(

The auger is now moving in the wrong direction, even if I cross the wires, it goes the wrong way.

Got the wrong rotation. Can you post a pic of the new motor, may be able to flip the coil pack and run the way you need it to run. Wire position doesn't matter

Reactions: Watcher1
I would recomend doing this operation on a table and not in the stove. There are some small washers you want to keep in the proper places.

:) Let us know how you make out.

Nice! :)