Replacing baffles in my ph50ps pleasant hearth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bucko

Dec 3, 2018
e1r3a2
Can anyone tell me if it matters whether or not you mix the left and right baffles up when cleaning the stove.At present the right one is open at the top and the left isn't.The main exhaust exit is at the bottom of the left baffle.Thanks gary

Assuming this is very similar 3 panel setup as on Heatilators. Open panel is opposite side as exhaust channel so heat travels thru center panel to extract more heat from exhaust. On Heatilator, open panel is on left when looking at front of stove, exhaust is on right.

That makes sense.My right panel is open at the top and my exhaust hole is on the bottom behind the left panel when I am facing the stove.Thanks for the info it was greatly appreciated.