Replacing exhaust blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Roadstar

Mar 11, 2011
Puyallup, WA
I have an old (1994) Breckwell P24i (insert) that I believe is going to need it’s original exhaust blower replaced soon. The last tine I turned off the stove to clean it, when I turned it back on the smoke didn’t exhaust right away. It eventually did so I think the blower is having trouble getting up to speed. I can relate to that. The next time I clean the stove I want to be ready in case it happens again. If it does I’ll replace the blower. I have a spare exhaust blower, I bought it 30 years ago.

What I’m curious about is the high temp RTV needed to attach the unit that goes from the exhaust blower to the exhaust pipe. I believe it’s called the ‘snout’. I assume 500 degrees F is good enough for any pellet stove. I’m worried about curing time for the RTV. Once I make the blower change I don’t want to wait 24 hours for the RTV to cure, as recommended. Some RTVs say 72 hours for a full cure. Would waiting perhaps 6 hours be sufficient?

Thanks for any reply.

Yes that would be fine it should be well skinned over in 6 hrs