Replacing my existing old heatilator w/ZC - tax credit options - again (confused)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Also it's worth mentioning that the tax credit isn't refundable. I think I read that in a different thread here? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but depending on your tax exposure it may not even matter. If budget is a concern then as said above, there are lots of great systems out there for less $ like the Drolet lines etc.

I have an Osburn (higher trim drolet basically) and have had good experiences with SBI overall. I wouldn't hesitate to go with one of their products.
The 25D Tax credit reduces tax liability. It has a 1 year carryover as well. Also VERY IMPORTANT TO NOTE, the 26% (this year) and 22% next year is based upon a completed installation. NOT PURCHASE DATE.