Resolute acclaim 2490

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Massburner

Dec 9, 2021
Massachusetts
I have a resolute acclaim purchased in 2013, today I was trying to loosen the damper adjustment screw to adjust the tightness of the damper, I was having a hard time loosening it so I tried to loosen the screw below it to see if that budged and the nut snapped off taking that portion of the screw with it, adjustment set screw above is still intact, does anyone know what the nut and bolt below the adjustment screw affixes? I can’t find it on any diagrams or get the answer from any dealers? Could it just be a drilled hole kept capped for another model or damper assembly? Or is it a crucial piece of hardware for the damper closure? Any help is appreciated.

Iy secures the damper ramp, the piece on the back of the damper which the rod engahes to lock the damper closed. The screw is threaded into the damper, the thing you broke off is a lock nut. At this ppimt the screw is likely fused into the damper, prolly not an issue, but if your damper won't close properly one day you'll know why.

Iy secures the damper ramp, the piece on the back of the damper which the rod engahes to lock the damper closed. The screw is threaded into the damper, the thing you broke off is a lock nut. At this ppimt the screw is likely fused into the damper, prolly not an issue, but if your damper won't close properly one day you'll know why.
Thank you for the reply, after much tinkering I put a new bolt and nut screw as the damper adjustment method, I’m hoping the bottom bolt I was questioning is in fact fused until I can get to it this spring. Have you replaced the damper ramp before? I’m thinking removing the stove pipe and going in through the top neck is the least complicated way. Thoughts? Also I was thinking about installing an old school damper in my stove pipe as a back up, have you had any experience with doing that in a catalytic stove? Thanks

Removing upper fireback and damper assy would make more sense really. Remove bricks, then small blocking plate behind arch bricks ( 2 screws) then 2 bolts hold the upper located in back corners.