Resolute Acclaim

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ratsrepus

Minister of Fire
Jan 5, 2018
Howell, Mi
My wifes friend has this stove, Ive heard of them but was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. They just bought the house and want to fire it up. I looked at it, and looks weird inside. I told her to get the chimney inspected before they run it

Attachments

• 20180125_112106.jpg
    20180125_112106.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 101
VC's first EPA phase II effort and one of their worst stoves IMO. They were notorious for refractory package degradation and failures requiring frequent replacement.

didn't know that was a VC stove, Bad. How old would you suppose that stove is begreen?

No idea, they made them for about 10-15? years. There should be a date code on the back tag.

would you prefer we used the full name instead of abbreviating it? I was aware of what the name was, I'm sure begreen is also, but thanks anyway

Is it me or does the glue pipe look upside down?

would you prefer we used the full name instead of abbreviating it? I was aware of what the name was, I'm sure begreen is also, but thanks anyway
No i was just making sure you did know. I really dont care what you call them just making sure there was no confusion. And yes i know bg knows.

Even if the stove is in perfect shape, it's not one that a rookie is gonna jump in there and run. If it is leaking air, look out! Even a tube stove would be difficult for a newb to run. Maybe a cat, or easiest, a BK.
The fact that they left the stove behind might be saying something..

In good working order the Acclaim is not too hard to run. I know a lady who had this stove as her first wood stove and she did well with it. It was just the every 3 yr. rebuilds that was the issue.

Reactions: Woody Stover