Midwest (OH, IL, IN, WI, MI, IA) Rib Mountain Softwood $210.00 a ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rgerek

Nov 25, 2014
Rubicon WI
Picking up two tons of Rib Mountains from Taylor Pellet in Medford this weekend, first of four trips.

You're in Rubicon but you're buying pellets in Medford??! Yikes! That has to be 175 miles.

Check out my post about Somersets for $199 @ Wisconsin Pellet Distribution Center in Iron Ridge. That's maybe a 10-mile trip.

I know how far it is, I know Jeff bought pellets for years, I like Rib Mountain best pellet I burned, also have a pellet stove in Boulder Junction so I pickup pellets on the way up, and the way home

I'm gonna pick up another ton of Sets from Jeff next week; I may ask him if he's checked out Rib Mountain and whether he can get them. I know Sunburst Sales in Ripon was selling them at one time. Their distribution network seems a little spotty, but my friend Jay-Z in Palmyra liked them a lot. I'd love to try them at $210 a ton, but I can't see the economics in driving to Ripon for them, let alone Medford.

I worked for the Medford Star News about 40 years ago, BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.