Riding mower problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

x-15

Jun 2, 2018
in the wind
Murray riding mower model #30550x92D stopped moving while mowing....10 HP rear engine.....Not the belt this time...Wheels turn in gear or out of gear...

Sounds like the pulley on top of the transmission could be loose, stripped out or broke. Could also be something inside the transmission. I have seen lots of those type of gear transmissions strip the drive pulley and people try to weld then

Thanks man, i'm lost on this one....I've changed the belt around 4 times over the years but other than that i don't know how to do much else on this mower......

Also make sure you drive belt is tight with the clutch/brake release. If there is no tension on the belt, the tensioner spring could be broke