RK 2001 AT2 turning off circulator.........fuzzy logic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoilerMan

Minister of Fire
Apr 16, 2012
Northern Maine
My Attack has the above controller, it's a bit different than the other 2001's in that it has an exhaust temperature probe (and seperate knob for this function) for conbustion fan shutdown at end of burn. Anyhow, I have gone through the settings again and again..... When the boiler temp reaches the setpoint (192F), the fan shuts off (idle mode) and sometimes.....the controller turns off the circulator as well, the pump light on the controller is off too, if I push the stop button the circulator will come back on and cool the boiler to below the setpoint and all will be normal. This only happens on the rare occation, but it is totally counter-productive, as when the boiler is "overheating" it turns off the pump so it heats up more, well you get the point. I rarely go into idle mode, just the occational up-to-temp storage (slab) or power blip that resets the injection control and it has to ramp up again allowing the boiler to heat up in the 4 or 5 min.

There are three settings in the "Pr" 0. automatic
1. the pump work depends on room temp (Not this one for sure)
2. the pump work depends on controller work mode

I guess I'm fuzzy on what exactly the "controller work mode" is: ie. idle; burning; no-fire or something like that? What would be the difference in settings 0 and 2? Any other info on what you've found on the RK and it's roughly translated handbook as well. Overall I'd have to say I have been impressed with this controller, as it's settengs are easy to change, seemingly appropriate, and this one has the bigger capacitor so it shouldn't freak out as the older ones did.

Thanks for the help gang!

TS

wish i could help, mine is in the (pr0) -continuous work.
why not..?.. (pr2)- in this mode the central heating pump will turn on only when the controller is in WORK mode.
not sure why I chose pr0, but still looking for that answer.
TS, I don't have storage, yet. I am limping through the milder weather and satisfy cold weather heat loads with no problems.
I am running my parameters, conservatively, pump launch 140 and high point at 175. my primary is 1/4 inch open and secondary is at stock or 1/4 inch more than stock.
:) next year, with storage and all my wood for the season consistently below that 20% level, ;) life will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.