Rocket heater.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Spank

Feb 11, 2023
Iowa USA
I recently built this rocket heater for my garage, and am wondering on whether I should go with a 3, 4 or 5 inch exhaust pipe. The flue going up is 4". Im new so excuse me if this a noob question.

326050446_523438359776795_205098784533214201_n.jpg

Might as well keep it at 4".

Note that wood burners are prohibited in garage installs.

Reactions: Spank
Its a shop, not a garage...
Are there any vehicles or gasoline in it? The insurance adjuster isn't going to care what you call it in the event of a claim

Last edited:
Its a shop, not a garage...
The use is less important in some jurisdictions. If it's an attached space with garage doors then most call it a garage.

If there are no vehicles, no volatiles, or gasoline stored in the space then it may be possible to get an exception, assuming this is a permitted install.