Room Fan: comes on, then goes off; more often than in the past.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bedobe

Hearth Supporter
Dec 11, 2009
Boise, ID
Hello,

I have a NF2000 Earth pellet stove. Over the years I have learned it's routines, sounds, timing, etc.

Used too once this pellet stove got to a certain operating temperature the room fan would come on, run for a period (cooling the stove down) then go off. Now the room fan is coming on and going off every few minutes.

I have read the manual as well as searched this site for help on this matter. I am stumped as to what may be happening or happened.

Any help or advice would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks

It's probably the snap disk for the blower. Maybe someone can help in how to test it?

DannMarr said:
It's probably the snap disk for the blower. Maybe someone can help in how to test it?

In looking at the owner's manual component diagram is see a "fan speed Override Disc." Would that be the same as a snap disc?

I re-viewed the component diagram again and see several discs: 1) fan speed override disc; 2) safety low limit disc; 3) burner high limit auto reset disc; and 4) convection high limit manual reset disc.

Thanks for you help on this.

Sometimes its just a dirty stove. If there is a channel that the snapdisk is mounted to. See if you can figure how to get in there and clean it. The ash act's like an insulator and the disk doesn't see the heat as well. My Quad had an access door to clean the channel. You may need to remove baffles or other things that are in the way.

But usually if they cycle on and off. It's because they are dirty. When they go off and don't come back on its the switch. In most case's.

jay

Thanks for all the input. To start I will go into the unit and clean it thoroughly.

This may sound stupid but of the discs listed in the schematic: 1) fan speed override disc; 2) safety low limit disc; 3) burner high limit auto reset disc; and 4) convection high limit manual reset disc, which actually serves the purpose of this 'snap switch?'

My guess is 4) convection high limit manual reset.

Thanks everyone

I just cleaned my snap disc #1 for my convection blower. The blower's shutdown time has improved! It used to take over a half an hour to shut down after the set point was reached. Now it shut off at 12 minutes! This will save some electric and will prevent the room from cooling down with the fan blowing at longer intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.