Room fan rebuilt for US 5502

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Darkwing

Oct 11, 2018
New Jersey
Hello everyone...

I have this US 5502 on the thrid season and the bearings on this surprisingly flimsy motor went and the rotor touches the stator...
Since i have it out i am planning to replace the ebarings but i was wondering if a bigger squirrel cage bloqer would work with a reducer towards the flange...anyone done that before?
Or simply have a square/round fan blowing into the opening instead of a squirrel cage. Just throwing ideas to see what could work

Hello everyone...

I have this US 5502 on the thrid season and the bearings on this surprisingly flimsy motor went and the rotor touches the stator...
Since i have it out i am planning to replace the ebarings but i was wondering if a bigger squirrel cage bloqer would work with a reducer towards the flange...anyone done that before?
Or simply have a square/round fan blowing into the opening instead of a squirrel cage. Just throwing ideas to see what could work
So...bearings are replaced with abec 9 ones and it is back together spinning great...
Packed stove walls with bytumen soubd proofing material where expected temp allows it.
Wen tfrom slapping stove and sounding like a vibrating tin can to almost slaping a concrete block with no after vibrations...
Cant wait to see if this all does anything

If you use a reddish-orange color high temperature silicone gasket instead of the white high temp gasket, it will reduce the blower vibration a lot and make the blower last longer!
The only blower adapter I know of is for the older Breckwell pellet stoves to put the new smaller convection blower in place of the older discontinued larger blower. See pic, so not really made for what you want because you can’t bolt it in! You can put a larger blower in the stove like the Pelpro 250 CFM blower if it will physically fit with self tapping screws. However if you put more air thru that same heat exchanger, then the air temperature coming out will not be as hot. That does not mean it will not heat the room, you would have to try it and see? :)

Attachments

• 2865547D-6D43-4742-A20F-60E8D92C8DE2.png
    2865547D-6D43-4742-A20F-60E8D92C8DE2.png
    176.9 KB · Views: 77
If you use a reddish-orange color high temperature silicone gasket instead of the white high temp gasket, it will reduce the blower vibration a lot and make the blower last longer!
The only blower adapter I know of is for the older Breckwell pellet stoves to put the new smaller convection blower in place of the older discontinued larger blower. See pic, so not really made for what you want because you can’t bolt it in! You can put a larger blower in the stove like the Pelpro 250 CFM blower if it will physically fit with self tapping screws. However if you put more air thru that same heat exchanger, then the air temperature coming out will not be as hot. That does not mean it will not heat the room, you would have to try it and see? :)
Thx again...
I was hoping that a high cfm fan will be less noisy when run slower creating the same cfm mine does right now...
Will try a different gasket...
Thx alot

Hello Don...

Do you have a source where i can get this kind of gasket?
Or did you just buy the suff and cut it yourself?

THx Jan

Hello Don...

Do you have a source where i can get this kind of gasket?
Or did you just buy the suff and cut it yourself?

THx Jan
Hi Jan
Put your email in a Private Conversation to me and I will send you the info.
Thanks

USSC sells them on their website, 12 bucks delivered I believe.