ROTW..hot wing chicken sandwiches...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, tried a Buffalo Chicken Pizza for the first time ever with the leftovers. Soooooo good! So, I got 3 meals for 3 people (one meal was 4 people) from 3 half chicken breasts (1.85 lbs total). Incredibly good, incredibly economical!

Reactions: GAMMA RAY
Hmmm That recipe looks like a winner Gamma! I bet it would be great slow cooked on a woodstove with a trivet! Do you find this recipe to be very hot as sometimes I reduce the hot sauce as it can always be added later..

Thanx,
Ray

Do you find this recipe to be very hot as sometimes I reduce the hot sauce as it can always be added later..

No, the way I look at it...add the hot sauce at the beginning and let the meat slowly engulf the flavor.....
Cook it long and slow....but hot.........>>

No, the way I look at it...add the hot sauce at the beginning and let the meat slowly engulf the flavor.....
Cook it long and slow....but hot.........>>
Thanx for the info Michelle! The recipe has been printed.. This may be a good recipe for camping as well.. :)

Ray

Sounds like a good recipe for winter too. We don't have a slow cooker, but the Alderlea's trivet temp is just around 225F. But I think I will try it first in the Dutch oven. I found this recipe for homemade ranch dressing that I am going to try with homemade wing sauce. (Pen, what is your secret sauce?)

1 cup sour cream (I used light sour cream)
1/2 cup mayonaise (I used light mayo)
cold buttermilk
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
1/2 cup finely chopped chives
1 clove garlic - smashed to paste with salt added
salt and coarse ground black pepper

After combining ingredients, put in the fridge overnight so that the flavors meld.

tasty additions for variation:
tabasco sauce
worchestershire sauce
chopped dill
barbecue sauce

Reactions: raybonz
The ol' gray mare finally got around to makin' this and I gotta say it wuz freakin' awesome, she DID add about a tablespoon of chipotle tabasco to the recipe but that was the only change. Thankee kindly, recipe is a saver

Status
Not open for further replies.