Rough Spots on the exterior glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jawadm

Jan 19, 2023
london
I have recently installed an Invicta wood stove. I was cleaning the exterior surface of the glass and I found this rough spots in the lower corner of the glass. These are located on the exterior side. What do you think is the issue here? The interior side seems perfectly normal with no rough spots.

Wood Stove Glass.jpg

The problem they don't seem like scratches, but rather bumpy spots, like something burned. But what's weird is that they are from the outside.

It doesn't look like scratches. Is it raised bumps? I only use a chemical cleaner (fireview) to clean the inside when it gets blackened up. You can scratch glass. Hopefully someone spilled something on the hot glass. I would woke on one spot with a dab of various cleaners. Oven, mineral spirits, etc.
Unless it's from manufacturing.

The problem they don't seem like scratches, but rather bumpy spots, like something burned. But what's weird is that they are from the outside.
They might be imperfections made during the creation of the glass. If so, there is nothing that can be done on the stove short of replacement. They might be able to be polished out, but not while in the stove.