Roxul insulation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WVMountaineer

Dec 30, 2014
Charleston, WV
Hi Everyone. I'm new to the site but have been an observer for some time now. I just purchased an Epi22, 30' of SS liner, insulation, top plate and rain cap for $2200 shipped to WV from Ca. Link for insert I purchased.
http://napoleonproducts.com/downloads/timberwolf/fireplaces/manuals/W415-1036_EPI22.pdf
My father-in-law and myself will be doing the install. Some info. Exterior fireplace. House is 2700 sq ft. but only trying to heat about 1400 on main and 2nd floors. We removed the damper and cut a block off plate this past weekend. I've read most of the posts regarding Roxul insulation and I'm considering doing the inside of the fireplace before installing insert. What are everyone's opinions on the insert sucking in the fibers from Roxul and distributing in the living area? Should this be a concern?

The insert pulls air from the living space, not the firebox cavity. If Napoleon says it's ok to insulate around the insert then it should be ok.

OP may be thinking of the blower sucking in Roxul particles rather than the insert itself. From the manual, it looks like the blower sits in front of and below the insert, pulling in air from the room rather than from the fireplace cavity.

Status
Not open for further replies.