Roxul - which type?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nelraq

Hearth Supporter
Nov 11, 2009
Coldstream, British Columbia
I will be finishing off my liner install tomorrow. I've read in numerous posts about many of our members insulating the top section of their SS liner system with Roxul. Some use it below the liner as well.

My question relates to which Roxul are you using. Are we talking about the regular Roxul home insulation, or one of the many types of industial "Roxul insulating solutions?"

By googling "Roxul", I found that there are lots of different types of Roxul used for industrial purposes. One type, called Roxul 1200, (if my memory serves me correctly!) is preformed 3 feet lengths which fit over pipe. It's made for pipe diameters from 1" up to about 20". Insulation thickness varies from 1/2" up to 5 or 6".

The price I got for 1" pipe insulation for my 6" liner was $16.10/meter (39")

Has anyone used this specialized Roxul, or is it the regular Roxul home insulation that people are referring to?

Hoping for some quick responses here!! The install will be finished tomorrow -come hell or high water!!

Thanks!

Most people are referring to the regular Roxul batts that are for home insulation. Just make sure to use a serrated bread knife for cutting.

Status
Not open for further replies.