Royal Mountain Energy (Phillip Dougherty) and Solar Collectors/Glass Evacuated Tubes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems Phillip Dougherty has moved on to his latest flavor of the week--selling solar related products on his www.royalmountainholdings.com site. For those that frequent this particular forum and not any others here on hearth it would behoove you to check out the boiler room on this site. Search for Adobe Problems and see what pops up. I have absolutely nothing good to say about Phillip Dougherty and I am still waiting for ANY positive feedback from anyone about any dealings with him since Feb. 2008.

The current website directs you to buy from the old www.outdoorboilers.com website he used about three years ago. Please , anyone considering buying anything from him , do your homework. Be sure to watch Phil Dougherty in his new video on the www.outdoorboilers.com website under "New Technology". Ask Phil about his HUNDREDS of installations and see if he can provide you any names..... Make sure you call Royal Mountain Energy @ 888-734-3135 and ask for good ol' Phil--I'm curious to see what line he's using now. Ask him about his previous internet storefronts like www.adobeboiler.com and www.enterpriseboiler.com . Buyer Beware.......You make the call.

Everything NNYORKER says is absolutly true. This man is a con artist! His manuals for his boiler changed like most people change underware, boilers shipped were relabled and the mis-represented as the wrong size boilers. Parts missing on a new boiler and when you call him to question the missing parts, he says "well you purchased the build it your self version, we don't send those parts". No return phone calls when the boilers rotted out, no customer service and to make it worse he tried to say that the boilers were installed wrong and the warranty was void. As NNYORKER said, BEWARE! I would not trust Phil Dougherty, if he told be the sun was shining I would have to go outside and see for myself! He should have called his new venture Royal Screwing Energy, because that is what you will get if you buy anything from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.