RSF Focus SBR vs Opel Keystone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeremyshaba

Jan 22, 2021
Kentucky
Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with the RSF focus SBR or Opel Keystone? Trying to decided between the two. the SBR uses a smart burn rate technology so I wouldn't be able to control the air flow at all whereas the opel has a damper.

This would be as a supplemental heat option in an 1800 sq ft home.

I am also looking into the SBR, but not having control with the smart burn technology is concerning. Did you end up getting the SBR?

As of 2020 the Focus 320 is only sold in Canada. The Focus 320 SBR is the EPA compliant version with thermostatic air control. The SBR system's thermostat is not dissimilar to systems used on current and past model stoves successfully.

We are finishing up our brick wall around a RSF Focus SBR. As a newbie I like the stove but was a little nervous about not having a manual dampener, however, this does allow other family members to reload the stove and not worry about the dampener bc in theory it should do what it’s supposed to… should bring the keyword there. We also installed a heat dump and the whole house fan which I still have to connect to the furnace for heat distribution.
What did you end up with?

Neither of the first 2 posters has been by in quite some time. Hopefully they see you posted!