RTV-X1100C FULL-SIZE DIESEL UTILITY VEHICLES

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
That's what I use to do with the Rhino, with the HST it's a whole different ball game. With the HST if you do that you'll lose power so with the Kubota you just walk up it nice and slow in low 4WD.
The sudden draw of power from pushing the HST pedal to the floor can overwhelm the engine if you don't have the RPM up already. Some HST equipped vehicles have a "linked" pedal where the HST pedal and engine are linked so engine rpm will rise with the HST pedal pressure. I skipped the linked pedal option, so I have to manually move the fuel/throttle lever if I want to go faster than the engine can keep up with. It's kind of like trying to take off from a stop in third gear in a manual transmission car if you push the HST pedal to the floor without having the engine RPM high enough.

Also, if I slowly press the HST pedals I don't always have to raise engine RPM if the load is low enough. For instance with an empty bucket and a light attachment (or none) on the 3pt means I don't usually have to throttle up to go faster.

Enjoy, the heater works well. We don't plow snow with ours, so I can't comment on how that goes except you will be warm....ours has a turf tire on it and does fine with snow until you get hung up in deep heavy stuff.....time to get the tractor then. They are not a light unit to pull out.
If parking on a hill with these, I was told it's the opposite of what you would do on the Yamaha Rhino, on the Rhino if I was going up a hill but had to stop to do trail work, you would put it in reverse with the emergency brake on. But with the Kubota, I was told to leave it in low and put the emergency brake on, is that correct?

Reactions: SpaceBus
If parking on a hill with these, I was told it's the opposite of what you would do on the Yamaha Rhino, on the Rhino if I was going up a hill but had to stop to do trail work, you would put it in reverse with the emergency brake on. But with the Kubota, I was told to leave it in low and put the emergency brake on, is that correct?
That's what I do with my tractor. The HST doesn't have reverse like the CVT in the Rhino. There is no parking pawl either so it's all on the parking brake.

Reactions: thewoodlands
On the hst on a tractor, if the pedals are neutral and the springs are good, it shouldn't creep either way on a hill. At least our kubota didnt when it was new

Congrats! Looks like a great rig and it should plow very well, especially with a V-blade. I used my Polaris 900 to plow for a few years until I upgraded tractors last year and got the front mounted snow blower. Ended up getting rid of the Ranger and downgrading back to an ATV as many of the areas I haul wood out of are much easier to get to with the smaller vehicle. I miss having the dump bed (and heated seats) though.

16252112_1539310036097535_166151700823232842_o2.jpg

We only have 6.5 hours on Karl, I've been running the sanders,scrapers a ladder and painting equipment to the railings I've been painting along with some short rides.

Hopefully by Monday or Tuesday the latest, I'm finished with the painting and then I can take it back to cut some birch (I'm hoping it's yellow) and after that maybe some Ironwood.

In September the plow comes in/goes on and they'll do the 50 hour service while it's in there so I better get some hours on it.

Reactions: mcdougy
With the wet weather we've had, today was a perfect day for getting rid of some Yellow Birch branches and some Pine.

Most of our trails are wide enough for the RTV but the area the Yellow Birch came from needed some thinning, it will be much easier for the tractor and the RTV once the next two Yellow Birch are out of there. There are three loads pictured but I took six out of that area to the fireplace.

Attachments

• 104_0657.JPG
    104_0657.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 207
  • 104_0658.JPG
    104_0658.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 202
  • 104_0659.JPG
    104_0659.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 212
  • 104_0660.JPG
    104_0660.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 199
With the wet weather we've had, today was a perfect day for getting rid of some Yellow Birch branches and some Pine.

Most of our trails are wide enough for the RTV but the area the Yellow Birch came from needed some thinning, it will be much easier for the tractor and the RTV once the next two Yellow Birch are out of there. There are three loads pictured but I took six out of that area to the fireplace.
Nice setup, are you able to dump the bed on the rtv while the trailer is hooked up as well? That would be pretty sweet...jack knife the trailer and have a double payload?

Nice setup, are you able to dump the bed on the rtv while the trailer is hooked up as well? That would be pretty sweet...jack knife the trailer and have a double payload?
I haven't tried it yet, I'm not sure how much we'll use the bed for hauling or dumping.

Reactions: JimBear
The dealer said the plow order came in but the undercarriages didn't, I still have another 20 plus hours to put on it before it hits 50 when they do the 50 hour check up on it.

The Kubota dealer recommended the Power Service (White Bottle) for the winter time so I picked up the size (80 ounces?) that treats 250 gallons. I also have a smaller red bottle of 911.

I emailed Power Service off their website and they recommend 2 ounces to five gallons of diesel.

I routinely haul loads like these up much greater grades than 25%. Its only a x900. I think the 1100 should be plenty stout. You will find these Kubota rtvs are about like hauling a load with a 25-30 hp tractor. Same motor same hydrostatic tranny.

Attachments

• BDA14D92-5349-4BF7-B668-9C088980FFED.jpeg
    BDA14D92-5349-4BF7-B668-9C088980FFED.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 183
  • 0F1F0F3F-117C-4455-B551-D3A916DF8FD9.jpeg
    0F1F0F3F-117C-4455-B551-D3A916DF8FD9.jpeg
    39.9 KB · Views: 193
I routinely haul loads like these up much greater grades than 25%. Its only a x900. I think the 1100 should be plenty stout. You will find these Kubota rtvs are about like hauling a load with a 25-30 hp tractor. Same motor same hydrostatic tranny.
The more I use it, the more I like it. We only have 49.2 hours on it which was used just on the house lot. We have a splitter that weighs around 650 pounds, will the Kubota pull that with ease up the hills in low four wheel drive?

The more I use it, the more I like it. We only have 49.2 hours on it which was used just on the house lot. We have a splitter that weighs around 650 pounds, will the Kubota pull that with ease up the hills in low four wheel drive?
Yes sir, with ease!

But will your side by side haul 1/2 a cord?
load 7.jpg

We just received a call today from the Kubota dealer, our RTV will be going in next week for the 50 hour checkup and the plow install.

But will your side by side haul 1/2 a cord?View attachment 264619
I LOVE that truck! I would love a Japanese van like a diesel Mitsubishi Delica, but the pandemic has put a real hurting on my income. A little Kei truck would be a blast if you had plenty of trails. Our property is too thick for something like that right now. I tear up enough trees with my tractor!

The dealer sent me a picture of our RTV with the new plow installed, tomorrow they do the 50 hour service, adjust the front-end shocks/springs to the stiffest settings and bring it back.

Attachments

• IMG_5419.jpg
    IMG_5419.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 177
Looks nice. My truck at work has a Boss XT V plow on it. The rest of the trucks got upgraded to the Boss plows with the extendable wings on the ends last winter.

Today was the first time I plowed parts of the driveway with the RTV, the most snow we had in certain parts of our driveway was 4-5 inches. There is a total of 240 pounds of sand in the back which should help some.

I think it shifts different with the plow on, we'll see if it changes or stays the same. The second picture is a new walking trail I made for the wife during the summer/fall.

Attachments

• 104_1356.JPG
    104_1356.JPG
    257.7 KB · Views: 168
  • 104_1357.JPG
    104_1357.JPG
    321.3 KB · Views: 151