Grallert Posted By Grallert, Aug 14, 2017 at 2:16 PM

1. Grallert

Grallert
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 14, 2017
    Loc:
    Western Mass
    Hi folks. I'm looking for a little advice. I have a friend who's froling ran away last week doing some expected damage.She called me because I'm often the guy who gets called for boiler issues heating issues etc. I should say I've never worked on one of these but the problems seemed obvious enough to me. We found cooked control wires of course. The ID fan lead, the fan speed sensor lead the boiler sensor lead high limit control. These have all be replaced for the most part however the fan speed sensor that was sent was for a newer model. The folks at tarm usa talked me through connecting the new lead to the old sensor.
    I'm getting this screen now. I'm not sure if it the sensor the ID fan motor or maybe the capacitor? My thought is it is the sensor. Do any of you folks have experience with this? I'd like to get it functioning so I can move on to the cause. Thanks for any input tips or insight you have.
    Matthew IMG_4577.JPG IMG_4576.JPG IMG_4575.JPG

2. Bad LP

Bad LP
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 28, 2014
    Loc:
    Northern Maine
    I'd be on the phone with Tarm. Helpful people.

3. Grallert

Grallert
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 14, 2017
    Loc:
    Western Mass
    Yes they are helpful. I've been on the phone with them. Zero complaints with them or the appliance. I'm learning about the froling as I go. Really just looking for insight. Anything I should ok for.
    The only thing I wish I could find is a detailed service manual. I'm sure there is something more than the one that came with the boiler? Maybe not.
    M

4. heaterman

heaterman
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 16, 2007
    Loc:
    Falmouth, Michigan
    Voltage to the motor is?

5. Grallert

Grallert
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 14, 2017
    Loc:
    Western Mass
    It's 120 to the motor and at the motor. 13v at the PCB for the fan sensor. Motor spins free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Marshy

Marshy
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 29, 2016
    Loc:
    NY
    Did you get it resolved?

7. Grallert

Grallert
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 14, 2017
    Loc:
    Western Mass
    Yes It has been resolved. Apparently there is an extremely fine line between the sensor being in proper adjustment and being out of adjustment. I still never got that shaft to sensor gap number.

Marshy likes this.