running electronics ? pump speed, temps etc...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

atvalaska

Jul 22, 2014
nenana
any one here running electronics .... at their boiler that u can read in the house ? temps and GPM etc? I have my boiler in a "walk in freezer" 9x12 75' from the house ...and during my install I ran 2 sets of 6 pr wires along with some 8/3 uf power lines (in the trench) .....in this day a age seems like the thing to do ... I see some high speed set ups with our hvac here at work...

any one here running electronics .... at their boiler that u can read in the house ? temps and GPM etc? I have my boiler in a "walk in freezer" 9x12 75' from the house ...and during my install I ran 2 sets of 6 pr wires along with some 8/3 uf power lines (in the trench) .....in this day a age seems like the thing to do ... I see some high speed set ups with our hvac here at work...

These simple, inexpensive Azel dual temperature gauges are common. 4 conductors could read two temperature points.

Flow could be read inside the house, no need to have the meter at the stove if it is a single loop system. Visual flowmeters are easy to find and install, rotary pulse meters are more accurate, but more $$ and you need a control to read that pulse signal if you want remote readout.

You might consider a digital solar differential control. In addition to reading 2-4 temperature points and several flowmeters it could do some switching, data logging, energy metering and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.