Running older non EPA stove on 6 in Class A chimney?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mike M.

Feeling the Heat
Mar 18, 2012
Green Bay, WI
Been looking at used stoves for my workspace up north. The area is 24 x 20 and will be insulated but only heated during use - maybe 10-20 times a year. Area is primarily used for cutting up deer and sometimes wood working or possibly fish cleaning in the future. I originally wanted a Fisher unit but ran across a good deal on a KJ Blaze King non cat solid door. I really want to use a 6in chimney which will be new class A supervent. Would the Blaze King KJ be okay on a 15-20 foot 6 in chimney? What about a Fisher with 8 in connection? I really want a old stove that will heat quickly and run me less that 200 bucks. Wood consumption is not a concern and I have dry wood (used in EPA stoves).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk