Running the stove June

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HD4Mark

May 6, 2017
Cicero, NY/Marathon, FL
June 4th and the lows are getting into the 40's for a couple of days. I hope this isn't how summer will be this year. 60's in the house this morning so I figured there really isn't any set time to heat with pellets so fired it up.

I would really rather be running the a/c. :mad:

June 4th and the lows are getting into the 40's for a couple of days. I hope this isn't how summer will be this year. 60's in the house this morning so I figured there really isn't any set time to heat with pellets so fired it up.

I also fired up the pellet stove Sunday. The house was 62 and since I haven't done my end of the year cleaning yet I decided to run it in the morning to take the chill out of the house. Hopefully the last time this year!!

I am hoping this is in Cicero NY and not Marathon FL...;)

If your cold turn it on. Who cares the date on calendar. I put mine on for a hour only because I fished this morning and ocean is cold. It actually felt good.

I had some friend visit from Florida over the weekend. Yes, I needed my stove for a couple hours too! Glad I haven't done my annual cleaning/shut down, and I would rather not run my a/c!