rutland non-black furnace cement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbeam

Minister of Fire
Dec 28, 2006
Mt. Rainier Foothills, WA
So I mistakenly bought a tub of rutland "regular body" furnace cement that was not black. It's like a tan color and is not wet, more like a puddy and very stiff. It smears well and you can roll it into a long sausage to push into a crack. Is this stuff proper for the inside of a woodstove? Has anybody used it? The color is very close to the OEM hearthstone stonedust cement. I actually liked using it much more than rutland black.

It seemed to dry hard overnight. Might be great stuff.

I think I've used that stuff but I can't remember if it was Rutland or something else in a small tub. It worked just fine as long as you cleaned off the area real good. Furnace cement doesn't like to stick to creosote.

Status
Not open for further replies.