Ryobi 4 Ton Electric Log Splitter Do we still like them?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsopi

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2006
MD near DE&PA;
I use mine for splitting piece's smaller inside these days. For all the heavy duty splitting I rent a full size gas splitter. I tried the Ryobi for all my splitting but I ruined it and had to return it. Over all I like it a lot for what I use it for, and I use mine everyday.

I've split 6 cords with mine so far, and the only problem was a torn o-ring in the control valve, repaired under warranty. I still like it a-lot but will be buying a 22 ton speeco this spring for the bigger stuff, but will still use the Ryobi for the smaller logs.

yup, mine is 2 seasons old I think. No problems. Splits 95% of the rounds I can lift in my truck. If anything it taught me to not bring home the gnarly pieces. They screw up my tidy stacks anyway.

We love ours! Used it yesterday to split kindling for the week-end as it is getting a little chilly. Haven't fired up the stove yet but probably will tonight. Our 9YO grandson is coming today and I'm sure he and his grandpa will be splitting some wood for grandma.

Mine great with poplar and pine but won't take on any thing too tough, but I have a lot of sweet and black gum.

Me too, @60 hours on mine, no problems

Status
Not open for further replies.