Safety glasses......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinPiney

Feeling the Heat
Nov 25, 2008
In the Pines, NJ
I had a splinter pulled from my eyeball today. I got it last week while cuttin up some trees that had fallin on the trails at work. I was actually wearing saftey glasses at the time and it still managed to get in there but im sure it could've been worse.

So this is just a friendly reminder to always wear safety glasses when sawing or splitting.

Good Advise SmokinPiney! Everyone should take a few moments to stop and use their safety glasses, kevlar chaps, boots, gloves , and hard hat with front mesh and hearing protectors. Accidents usually happen with no warning and with a chainsaw, a band aid is useless. Hope your feeling better. I have the chimney sweep scheduled for tomorrow to do a cleaning and insulate my exterior chimney. I have 11 cords seasoning in the back yard, 5 are ready to go, 6 are from the ice storm. I'm ready!

LADYGO DIVA said:
i have to close my eyes when i hear the tree screaming as i butcher it

And the last time you cut on a tree was when?

Ouch, I don't think I would have been able to leave it in a whole week. Must have drove you crazy.
Hank

Honestly i just figgerd it was a bad irritaition or scratch. Come monday mornin at work i could hardly keep it open and the other eye was startin to go blurry from squintin so much.

Let me tell ya how fun the workmans comp doctors office is!!

Dr shaky hands: walks in "now lets see what's wrong with yer eye"

Me: "uhh there's something in it im guessin"

Dr shaky hands: "woah it's been in there since last wed! Im not touchin that"

Me: "Thank God!!"

Then the next doc got me all fixed up..

Just wait till health care reform kicks in...... you'll probably have to wait 3 months.
Hank

Jesus Christ gentlemen, wear your safety glasses with side shields and a face shield. Eyes are not replaceable. I'm a floor supervisor in tool and die, machining grinding, etc. etc... and such 99.8% of all injuries are eye related. I'm sick of writing accident reports. I will suspend you for 3 days the second time myself or any of my foreman tell you about this, period, then fired on the third time. Your wife and children and myself need you to see.

The company just sent me to class this spring on how to write accident reports to limit the companies liabilities.

The words "personal choice endangerment" is becoming a debated topic for insurance companies and their governing agency's.

yanksforever said:
kork said:
Just wait till health care reform kicks in...... you'll probably have to wait 3 months.
Hank

Yeah OK Rush!! :) If unsure Spread the fear...aka G.W.B.

Hey, only three months, I think he's a real optimist!

Gooserider

Well it got worse today. Had to go back and get my eye drilled and scraped! Nottttt fun...

flewism said:
Jesus Christ gentlemen, wear your safety glasses with side shields and a face shield. Eyes are not replaceable. I'm a floor supervisor in tool and die, machining grinding, etc. etc...
WOW that must be the last tool and die shop left in michigan! Just kidding. A little bird told me that one of the biggest in Michigan "Paragon" is shuting its doors.

Yep, they've been dropping like flies for a few years now. We can now compete with the Japanese and Koreans, but we can't compete with the Chinese, and the big 3 send the bulk of they work overseas. We get a lot of fix-up jobs from dies built overseas, sometimes they come straight from the boat to our shop prior to hitting the stamping plants. We do more work for Honda than we do for GM and Chrysler. Ford we get a lot of fix-up/repair jobs and some new build.

The Paragon I know of is a fixture/mold shop in Fraser I believe.

This trade will never be what it once was.

Status
Not open for further replies.