sawdust from insects.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Do you guy recommend that I not store this inside in my covered wood bin? Do these insects go for the wood in houses too? I can't see any insects but haven't looked closey for them. I will tomorrow. It was CS&S ideally and never got wet. Or am I seeing dust from now dead insects because they froze. The wood is from a Judas tree/Eastern redbud. Thanks

Wood should never be stored inside the house for extended periods. Unfortunately we never really know what's in the wood we process for firewood.
Shouldn't be stored/stacked within 50yds of the house.

Reactions: excessads
Some wood boring insects only want moist conditions, some don't care and will feast on dry. I'd keep the wood away from the house.