SBI 44122 Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Aug 25, 2020
Syracuse, NY
I have the 44122 Double Cage Blower in my Valcourt Lafayette II. It has been getting noisy and I was planning on doing something about it this summer when I woke up in the middle of the night to a humming noise and no blowing... it had seized up. Long story short, no one near me had replacement bearings on hand and the one local company could order something but didn't sound confident that it would be the same dimensions. Online I went and then had some issues with the company sending me the wrong bearings so it ended up taking a week and a half to get the parts. The bearings are cheap so I plan on keeping a spare set when it comes time to do this replacement again in the future.

My unit had two Peer 7R4A that were easily swapped with pliers, a phillips screw driver, and a 1/4 driver.

This is my cautionary tale for anyone else with this blower who doesn't want the down time and would rather spend 15 dollars for the bearings rather than 280 for a replacement blower.

Good on you for fixing rather than tossing. Thanks for the bearing part number.