Scan Andersen 10 opinions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

revdocjim

Burning Hunk
Sep 7, 2015
Japan
We are caretakers for a camp and sometime within the next year or so we are planning renovations for the lounge area (approx. 24' x 24'. There is an old fireplace that is no longer working so we're planning to extend the hearth a bit and install a wood burning stove. It's mostly for ambiance and won't get used all that often since we don't have too many winter camps, but the whole building is very drafty so I want a decent sized stove.

At my local store they are offering big discounts on their inventory of discontinued Scan models and they have a Scan Andersen 10 that they'll sell for less than $2,000. Does anyone have experience with this stove? I'd love to hear opinions. It's a really nice looking stove that would fit well in our camp.